Sunday 23 March 2014

South London Style - Alex Barrow

I met up with Alex at Papa's Cafe on Pulross Road in Brixton. You can get a really good cup of coffee and an advocado and melted cheese ciabatta there. Alex is an accordionist and illustrator. His first children's book titled A Possum's Tail has just been published by the Tate Gallery.


Alex's outfit

Suit - 1930s tweed suit by Burton from Leftovers, Brixton Village

Shirt - Tailor made in China using fabric from Hong Kong. "My girlfriend lived there for a while and got it done for me by her local tailor in Suzhou."

Brooch - "It's a small radio mic. I found it in a street market in Corsica."

Hankie - From Casablanca, Rue Moret, Paris

Watch - "It's a World War I trench watch. One of the first wrist watches. I think the numbers might be radioactive! They glow in the dark."

Socks - "Wool socks from a charity shop in Glastonbury Town."

Shoes - by New Avenue. "Bought them from my friend Andrew Fletcher."

Accordion - "It's my new Cooperativa accordion from Italy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact: info@lostjohns.co.uk