Monday 27 January 2014

Sweet Georgia Brown discontinued?

Recently I've received quite a few emails from customers inquiring after Sweet Georgia Brown's water based 'purple' pomade. Unfortunately it's been discontinued and is no longer available. At least that's the rumour. As a company Sweet Georgia Brown are hard to pin down. It would help if their website worked: sweetgeorgiabrownpomade.com

Sweet Georgia Brown purple - top left!

In all honesty I've never been a massive fan of SGB purple. The cranberry scent is a little bit strong and sickly for my liking. Especially when compared to SGB red which might just be the best smelling pomade on the market. However the purple variety certainly has a fanbase who enjoy its silky finish and light to medium hold.

I've heard a further rumour that Sweet Goergia Brown are discontinuing all their products which would be a massive shame. If I had to guess I'd say that SGB are looking for backing from another pomade company and their future is up in the air. On their facebook page they manage to avoid any questions about discontinuing their products, which is a very strange thing to do, unless they are unsure of the situation themselves.

For now at least I'm continuing to supply the blue and red varieties at lostjohns.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact: info@lostjohns.co.uk