Monday 3 February 2014

South London Style - Charlie Boxer

Charlie Boxer runs the Italo Delicatessen in Bonnington Square, Vauxhall. He opened shop five years ago and it's quickly gained the reputation of being one of the best places to eat in South London. My personal favourite is his rosemary ham, which goes nicely with a bit of mustard. When I stopped in, chef Richard had made a tasty Garbure with duck, pork and black cabbage. I'd also recommend going on a Saturday morning, for a coffee and pastry or a fine cooked breakfast.

Charlie's outfit

Headwear - Tweed cap from Brixton Market

Glasses - "These are actually 'Boxer' glasses, named after my family. They're made by a friend of mine called Gillian Caplan at Spex in the City in 7 Dials, Covent Garden."

Jumper - Lambs wool from Uniqlo

Shirt - Fine blue corduroy. "Probably a present."

Apron - Black cotton 

Jeans - "Grey denim. Uniqlo again."

Boots - "My favourite Justin boots are being re-soled at the moment. (My son) Jackson bought them for me. Today I'm wearing some black shoes by Loakes."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact: info@lostjohns.co.uk